What a whirlwind of October! I’m so flattered and honored. I can’t believe I am fortunate enough to receive this award not once but twice from Amber’s Compass AND The Lost Romanian! Sorry it took so long to post my own. I am especially excited since I just recently also won the Sunshine Blogger Award not long ago!
I’m so grateful and feel humbled that my little website was chosen for this award! THANK YOU very much to Amber from Amber’s Compass and Danie from The Lost Romanian for The Blogger Recognition Awards! Please do check out these lovely ladies’ blogs as they have some great tips and amazing stories of their own to share.
What is The Blogger Recognition Award?
It’s a way of appreciation between bloggers, as we all know how much time, effort and enthusiasm we put into each article. These are the rules:
- The nominee writes a post, thanking the nominator. Common courtesy.
- Nominee shares a brief story about how the blog started.
- Nominee shares 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the award!
The Birth of RatedbyHanna.com:
Everyone who knows me personally knows I love writing. They probably also saw many of my DETAILED reviews on other review platforms thinking I’m a weirdo with too much time on her hands. I also unfortunately hit the character limit repeatedly while writing on those websites! That got me thinking what if I had my own website or blog?! On a dreary snowy night in February I had some free time and signed up for my first WordPress account! I can write however much I pleased about the topics that I couldn’t find other resources for online to help others searching for the same answers! I mostly focus on traveling, local attractions, entertainment (movies/TV Shows), food/restaurant experiences and a dabble of beauty!
Examples of posts and series I’ve written that keep me going!
- Sephora Rewards Bazaar Review & Guide
- Yelp Cash Back Series
- 14 Day Travel in Italy Series
- Engagement & Wedding Series
- Boda Borg Review & Quest Guide
Advice for NEW Bloggers:
🌟 Find your community with other like minded bloggers to help keep you motivated and accountable. They’re also a great resource for questions! I’ll share with you my “secret” that I’m in a few Facebook blog groups and they’ve been immensely helpful!
🌟 Focus more on quality posts rather than quantity! When I first started my aim was to post 2-4 times a week. However it felt like no one was reading the posts at all. (Not even our friends/family haha despite their annoyance of my nagging.) These days I post around 1-2 times a week, including posts from my Guest Author. I also spend more time promoting the post across social media/sharing platforms.
🌟 Remember WHY you started blogging or your website so you don’t lose motivation if you’re facing writer’s block or when you aren’t seeing immediate results! At the end of the day you are writing for yourself and no one else will care about everything you write as much as yourself. I am guilty of monitoring my stats like a hawk at times. If you’re happy with your content then that’s what matters.
🌟 Don’t get hung up on social media! I can’t tell you how much time I’ve wasted on Instagram and those silly follow/unfollow games when it doesn’t even produce blog traffic. Instead research how to effectively use each platform and enjoy your interactions with other genuine people!
🌟 Use Canva or Photo Shop to create “Pinnable” images and covers for your blog posts. I know it takes some extra time, but it’ll really take your blog posts to the next step as more “Shareable” content! Plus if you make your own template you can just change the words/image for each post.
My 15 nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award:
Congratulations everyone! I really enjoyed browsing your blog! Although I don’t get a chance to comment all the time, I am probably still lurking and reading later on! These excellent blogs are in no particular order but you’ll notice a trend of lots of travel blogs.
- Adventures of Lostgirl: Adventure/Travel blog about a girl who left the routine day-to-day life in San Francisco to seek adventure with her beautiful cat!
- Just Leaving Footprints formerly Adventures of Impo: Blog that provides insight into sustainable traveling and alternatives to animal tourism with helpful tips.
- Princess Picks: Travel blog picks of best travel destinations, budget tricks and tips, insights about where she’s been!
- ExpatoLife: Expat, lifestyle and travel blog with resources for fellow expats
- Wanderlust on a Budget: NEW travel blog with resources and stories about traveling inspired by interactions with international students she works with.
- The Wandering Darlings: Travel blog of adventures of Aussie ex-pat based in UK.
- The Awkward Traveller: Memoirs of an ill-equipped tourist based out of Oregon.
- Mission Magic Travels: Travel blog about twenty something girl from the South Coast, UK with a passion for travel!
- Luxury Backpack: Inspiring luxury travel for everyone with resources for family friendly, couples travel, luxe for less and more.
- Weekend Abroad: Travel stories and affordable adventures based in California
- Om nom Nirvana: a blog that seeks spiritual satiation through food, health, wellness and travel
- Bayberry & Main: Guide to preppy fashion and lifestyle blogger based in Boston
- Flour de Liz: Baking, cooking, tasty recipes, tips, food blogger based in Boston
- Afternoon of Sundries: Sundries of Everyday Life, For You, Without Reservations.
- Crafty Boo & Artsy Pea: General blog about crafts, cooking, knitting, fitness, traveling, wedding and of course her beloved dogs Boo Radley (Boston Terrior) and Sweet Pea (Chihuahua)