Hi everyone! Notice anything different on the site? Yes I did changed the layout completely. Easier on the eyes at night. I still need to dig through my photos for an appropriate new banner as I’m using the default, and it’s hard to find one where the white text doesn’t get lost. I was recently nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Alyssa at Bride2BrideBlog. What a pleasant surprise, that definitely made my day brighter! Thank you very much!! Here’s to spreading more sunshine and discovering new blogs!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers. It is such an honor to receive!
Who brings sunshine into your day? Let me know in the comments below. It doesn’t have to be a blogger!
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person that nominated you.
- Nominate some other bloggers for this award.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
1. Why did you start your blog?
I wanted to share my extended and un-cut opinion about certain topics that I had a great deal of difficulty finding resources for online. Namely Sephora Rewards Bazaar, Yelp Cash Back and local wedding vendors. On the regular review website I ran into the issue of reaching the character limit on multiple instances so having my own blog gave me a great outlet to share the complete honest review.
2. Did anyone help you when you first began blogging? If so, who?
My loving husband, Hanna’s Other Half always encouraged me to write and he even wanted to write posts for my blog as a Guest Author. (He didn’t want the commitment of maintaining his own blog.) Also a friend from college, Leona of Crafty Boo & Artsy Pea started her blog before me and we created a collaborative post about Bridal Shows. Hoping she will get back to posting more regularly!
3. Tell us a bit about your family!
Well there’s me and my husband, that’s it for now! Then there’s our parents but I’m not sure they’d want us to divulge about them.
4. What would you do if you won a million dollars?
Pay off any linger debts, buy a house hopefully (sadly that doesn’t go as far as it used to), and save the remainder. I’d treat the hubby and myself to a nice trip, or two!
5. Do you have any pets?
6. If people could know one thing about you just by looking at you, what would it be and why?
I am obsessed with taking photos of everything much to my family and friends’ chagrin! “Pause to let me snap a pic before we eat!” Even though some people may consider it not living in the moment, I have a terrible memory and it definitely helps to have the visual aids to help remind us of the great times.
7. What do you like most about blogging?
Freedom to write about whatever I feel like without any character limits! Also interacting with fellow bloggers that have similar interests and areas of expertise.
8. What is one food that everyone loves but you hate?
Livers of all types? I like Pâté De Foie Gras though! I’m not sure if that’s a universal food everyone enjoys though. I especially love the one I tasted at L’Espalier.
9. If you could only bring 3 things with you to a deserted island for the next year, what would they be and why?
My husband is honestly all I’d need haha but he might get annoyed being referred to as a thing. If I can’t bring that then I’d bring lots of sunscreen / aloe plant, flares or someway to contact the outside world to save me, and Chobani flips (those things are so darn tasty) to eat while I wait.
10. What is your absolute favorite beauty product?
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner in Black I just love how adding a dash of eyeliner perks up my small eyes.
11. What do you do to relax when you’re stressed out?
Erm sad to admit that I probably use food to relax haha not great. Recently we set up our own karaoke system so that is also fun and more productive.
If you accept the award don’t forget to swing by and leave a link to your post so I can read it!
Nominees (in no particular order) 🌞
- Drew and Trish’s Travels and Adventures // The World Isn’t Flat
- Tina’s Chic Corner
- A Walk and a Lark
- Managing Money as a Millennial
- A Brummie Home and Abroad
- Wandering Walsh
- Lucy Williams Global
My questions for the nominees:
- How many posts do you have sitting in your drafts and or scheduled posts?
- When and why did you start blogging?
- What is the weirdest or worst experience you’ve had at a business?
- What is on your bucket list for the next 5 years?
- What topic do you like blogging about most?
- Which blog post are you most proud of?
- How do you stay motivated to keep blogging even when viewership or positive feedback is low?
I look forward to reading your responses!